Nightmare to end your vacation
Collapsed ceiling from water damage
Vacations are meant to be fun, carefree, mind clearing experiences but for one family their vacation was cut short when a water line on the second floor busted.
A neighbor spotted water flowing out of the upstairs windows and the front door when they went to check on the house for them. After the neighbor called the homeowners we got a call minutes later and arrived on scene within the hour.
When we arrived on scene we walked through the house with the neighbor and video called the homeowner to show them the damage that had been done. After seeing the damage the homeowner wanted us to get to work, we emailed the paperwork and got started.
After demo of almost the entire house we got to work drying and mitigating. The house looked like Dexter's labratory when we were down.
After drying and mitigation was done the rebuild process began to get the homeowners back on their feet. After the job was done correctly and efficiently the homeowner thanked us for our work and got back on their feet.
Water Damage Takes No Days Off
Our water certified technicians are ready to step into action as soon as water damage hits your home.
There are two water damage sources...
- Clean water
- Contaminated water
Water Damage For Clean Water
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off the circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place nay paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV's or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Water Damage From Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminated air.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Commercial Water Damage
A water intrusion had flooded this commercial space
Just because you leave your commercial space at 5 does not mean everything is put on hold. Water never sleeps so when a pipe bust, roof leak, or any water intrusion strikes your business you need a team that will be there! At SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County our team of highly trained water certified technicians will be there to get your business space back to grand opening conditions. With our state of the art, industry leading equipment and training our team will be there in no time to get you back on your feet and ready to reopen. It will be "Like it never even happened."
Flood Waters can come at anytime.
Flash Flooding from severe downpours
A heavy steady downpour can create flash flooding and severe flooding in low lying and ground slope challenged areas. This picture shows water slowly receding and the high water lines to a garage and finished basement of a condo. It is the water in the walls, outlets , and other structural components that needs to be addressed in a timely manner to prevent secondary damages and mold growth. SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County can help escort Mother Nature and her residue out of your home and provide a safe and clean home to return to.